Posted by Dave Kaplan
1 year ago / September 8, 2020
Special Announcement: Ensuring Inventory & Preparing For Chinese New Year 2021
How To Avoid Inventory Shortages
What is Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year (CNY), AKA Spring Festival, is an annual multi-week festival that marks the beginning of the new year on the Chinese calendar. The festival is China’s most prominent holiday with factories and businesses shutting down across the country and millions of workers migrating home to be with their families. This year’s holiday aligns with the Year of the Ox.
How CNY Affects You & Your Vape Inventory
All Chinese manufacturing, labor, and shipping cease outright during CNY. Following the holiday, it can take factories months to return to full production due to employee turnover.
To ensure that your company’s supply chain and inventory levels are not affected by this work stoppage, it is imperative that you place any Greentank hardware orders by the dates provided below.
Key Dates To Remember
Do Not Be Left Without Inventory
Chinese New Year (CNY) begins February 5th, 2021
Pre-CNY deadline – Customized orders
- Last date to place a confirmed order for any customized Greentank cartridges, disposables or batteries that will ship prior to CNY.
Pre-CNY Deadline – packaging
- Last date to place a confirmed order for any packaging that will ship prior to CNY.
Pre-CNY Deadline – non-customized orders
- Last date to place a confirmed order for any non-customized Greentank cartridges, disposables or batteries that will ship prior to CNY.
Last shipment before CNY
- Last date our factory will ship orders prior to CNY.
Factory resumes full production
- This is the date that our factory will resume full production capacity.
How To start your custom order
*Please note that some customization requests may require more time and additional steps. Process may vary on a per-case basis.
Contact a Greentank Rep to begin the process
Step 1 – Dieline submission
Before the ordering process is finalized, you must submit a templated dieline to our production team.
Step 2 – Dieline Approval
- Once your dieline has been approved by our production team, you will receive a digital confirmation, a finalized quote, and an accompanying invoice.
Step 3 – sampling stage
- You will receive a digital photo of this sample approximately 2-3 weeks later. You can also request a physical sample of your product.
Step 4 – sample confirmation
- Confirm your custom order as soon as possible after receiving your sample. Mass production of your product will not begin until orders are fully confirmed and a deposit is received.
Step 5 – production period
- Manufacturing of your custom order begins. This process, including quality assurance and quality control inspections, can span 6-10 weeks.
Step 6 – delivery
- Your custom order will be dropshipped directly to you once production has finished and balance has been paid in full. Please allow one business week for delivery.
Contact Us with any questions
Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-935-1399 or fill out our Contact Form. A Greentank Representative will be happy to walk you through the process to ensure you are fully stocked and prepared for 2021.