Chemical Engineer / Formulations Specialist – Greentank
Job Title: Chemical Engineer/Formulation Specialist
Company: Green Tank Technologies.
Location: Toronto, ON (Liberty Village)
Green Tank Technologies provides innovative and premium vaporizer cartridges, batteries, and all-in-one devices for the recreational and medical cannabis industries. We distribute and work directly with large licensed producers, cultivators, extractors, and some retail operations. Supported by some of the largest investors in the cannabis industry, Green Tank has quickly become a leader in providing premium vaporizer hardware.
We are looking for a Chemical Engineer/Formulation Scientist that is an internal expert of various techniques to characterize and identify active components of cannabis, including but not limited to; supercritical CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, short-path distillation, rotary evaporation, HPLC, GC, MS, and common techniques in organic chemistry.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
• Conduct studies on the properties of materials (hardware & chemical) and characteristics of materials; Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions
• Understand products, formulations & recipes, evaluate characteristics of multiple products and their interaction with Green Tank hardware
• Act as an external technical consultant in a formulation and material expertise
• Develop strong, collaborative relationships with other formulation scientists from partners and clients and foster an environment of knowledge sharing
• Partner externally and leverage client expertise in formulation functionality
• Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret material data to make sound technical recommendations on Green Tank hardware and oils
• Coordinate the procurement of cannabis products from partners and follow internal
procedures for inventory controls.
• Be present at product trials to provide material and chemical expertise, record data and collect samples
• Keep up to date with the latest scientific and technological advances in the field.
• Previous experience working with cannabis-infused products is an asset
• Knowledge of the fundamental principles of materials science, especially phenomena that determine material structure, property, and performance relationships
• Experience in working in a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP) environment (ideally in cosmetics or OTC/pharma companies)
• Understanding the identification of critical material attributes (CMAs) is an asset
• Understanding of Cannabis Act and Health Canada requirements
• Metallurgical expertise is an asset
• Minimum BA/BSc in chemistry, pharmaceutical or chemical engineering or Material
Science, Master’s degree is an asset.
• 2 – 5 years of chemical engineering (or equivalent) experience
• Creative, organized and self-motivated
• Ability to learn new products and processes quickly
• Enthusiasm for research and product formulations is an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to summarize scientific data
• Well-developed Microsoft Office skills
• Project Management skills are an asset
• Knowledge of Mandarin is an asset
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive base salary + performance bonus
• Comprehensive medical & dental benefits coverage
• ESOP program for full-time employees
Great articles to explore:
• BetaKit – Series A Funding
• BetaKit – Snoop Dogg Fund Leads Greentank Seed Round
• Tech Crunch – Greentank Overview
• Global News – Seed Round Funding
• CBC – Vape Profile
• The Street – Cannabis Industry Overview
To apply to this position, please email your resume to HR@GREENTANKTECH.COM